Reach Us

How long do I have to file a claim for compensation based on my injury?

The carrier must be given Notice of Injury within 30 days of the date of accident or  the time in which you new that an injury had occurred.  A written claim for compensation must be filed  with the Department of Labor, OWCP district office having jurisdiction of your claim within one year after the date of injury or last payment of compensation, whichever is later.  For instance, if your are receiving compensation and the Employer terminates payment of  compensation, you have one year to file a Claim from the date that you last received compensation.   The time for filing claims in certain occupational disease cases is two years.  However, as to medical benefits, typically there is no Statute of Limitations.
  • Handling Case Nationwide

    Defense Contractors injured overseas, we will represent you no matter where you live.

News & Events

October 31, 2012
News & Events Post 1

Defense Base Act and Longshore Newsletter   Read the most recent Newsletter.   Silverstein and Silverstein 25 Southeast 2nd...

October 31, 2012
News Post 2

Defense Base Act and Longshore News and Recent Case Rulings   Supreme Court Rules in Roberts v. Sea-Land Services,...