Reach Us

What if my lawyer or I cannot resolve my claim with the Employer or Insurance Carrier directly?

The initial part of your claim is handled informally with the Department of Labor serving as a mediator.  If an issue arises, your case will be set for an informal conference with a representative of the Department of Labor, the Employer/Carrier, the Claimant, and  Claimant’s attorney.  Claims that cannot be resolved informally, will be referred to  the Office of Administrative Law Judges (OALJ) for formal hearing.  This is an actual trial in front of a Judge.  Here you will be asked to testify with other possible witnesses and doctors’ medical evidence will be offered.   The Judge alone will decide your case. Decisions by an administrative law judge may be appealed to the Benefits Review Board and to the federal courts.
  • Handling Case Nationwide

    Defense Contractors injured overseas, we will represent you no matter where you live.

News & Events

October 31, 2012
News & Events Post 1

Defense Base Act and Longshore Newsletter   Read the most recent Newsletter.   Silverstein and Silverstein 25 Southeast 2nd...

October 31, 2012
News Post 2

Defense Base Act and Longshore News and Recent Case Rulings   Supreme Court Rules in Roberts v. Sea-Land Services,...