Reach Us

What should I do if I get injured on the job?

You should notify your employer immediately within thirty days once you think you have a work injury. Additional time for reporting may be given for hearing loss injuries.  Generally,  a Notice of Injury must be completed within thirty days of the date of accident.  If you need medical treatment, ask your employer to authorize treatment by a doctor of your own choice. You are entitled to choose your treating physician.  Initially, your employer or the insurance carrier may send you to a  physician for an initial examination or for a drug test.  It is important that you do not sign any forms which might designate any physician as your own choice of physician.  Furthermore, you should not agree to give a statement or a taped interview to anyone.

  • Handling Case Nationwide

    Defense Contractors injured overseas, we will represent you no matter where you live.

News & Events

October 31, 2012
News & Events Post 1

Defense Base Act and Longshore Newsletter   Read the most recent Newsletter.   Silverstein and Silverstein 25 Southeast 2nd...

October 31, 2012
News Post 2

Defense Base Act and Longshore News and Recent Case Rulings   Supreme Court Rules in Roberts v. Sea-Land Services,...